Tuesday, December 1, 2009

WIP: Character Design Final Project

Hey all!
Here's my work-in-progress Character Design final project. We had to choose a "fable" and put it into a different world. Some people are doing Hansel and Gretel in the Stone Age. Some are doing Frankenstein in the Medieval times. I asked if I could do something different, so I'm doing Steampunk Power Rangers.

I'll be doing three characters. Of the six Power Rangers I chose Tommy the Green Ranger and Kimberly the Pink Ranger. I figured that I'll be able to get the most character out of their interaction, since they're in love and all.

So far I've been focusing mostly on the two Power Rangers, feeling out that line where they're recognizable as Power Rangers but still very much steam punk.

A final note: these pictures represent me feeling out the idea, fleshing out the concept. That's why nobody is on model and why each drawing is different. It's kind of my thought process.






Finally here's a teaser for my third character:



Let me know what you think!

-JJ

1 comment:

  1. The Tommy in the top left is solid and so is the first 3/4 version you have drawn out on the second post. Its looking good.

    ReplyDelete